Advisory Board Terms of Reference, 2020
Introduction to Securing Futures Africa
Securing Futures Africa (SFA) is a volunteer based movement, composed of young professionals pooling their resources and expertise. We work to spark off ambition and increase the interest of children in rural areas to stay in school longer. We use mentorship camps through which we demonstrate the value of education, expose children to a heightened understanding of purpose and choices they can make to have a meaningful contribution to their community. We also identify and nurture exceptional talent in young people.
Between 2016-2018, we have depended entirely on contributions from volunteers and well-wishers, holding over 4 mentorship camps, reaching over 300 young people. We are fully incorporated and regulated by the government of Uganda.
SFA is looking for individuals to constitute our Board to provide the much needed foresight, oversight, and insight for this budding and dynamic young organisation
Anticipated roles of BOG members
- Provide advisory leadership, strategic governance and oversight for development of Securing Futures Africa
- Representing Securing Futures Africa to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador where necessary; enhancing the organization’s public image
- Contribute to development of policies and strategy for the smooth running of SFA according to corporate best practice
- Approving SFAs annual budget, audit reports, and business decisions; including appointing bankers.
- Vet and recommend to the Board of Trustees Auditors for appointment
- Participate in recruitment of the senior management team members where necessary.
- Participate in raising funds for the fulfillment of SFA’s mission
- Reviewing outcomes and impact of SFA, regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness, holding management to account.
SFA is looking for people willing to serve on a voluntary basis. Board Members will serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings will be held bi-annually. There will be two committees- Finance and administration Program and fundraising
- Passionate about reaching out to change lives
- Person of good standing in society
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of young people
- NGO, Private sector or public service work experience would be an added advantage
- At least 5 years working experience
- Any nationality, and not necessarily resident in Uganda
Submission of Applications
Submit your applications through the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org . open until filled